Enjoy time with family and friends this Thanksgiving and give thanks. What are you grateful for?
I am especially grateful this Thanksgiving to welcome my son home from his first semester in college. It has only been 3 months, but it feels like a year. I am grateful that he isn’t homesick, he likes it, and his grades are good!!
I am also grateful (albeit slightly nervous) that my younger son is learning to drive. He is busy this semester as a sophomore and playing winter ball.
I am grateful for my acupuncture practice, my patients that put their trust in me, and I am happy to help you feel better.
The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs
the evil-Joseph F. Smith
The celebration of American workers often involves parades, picnics, games, and other festivities. Food is often the center of the holiday. This Labor Day weekend across the country we are experiencing unprecedented heat waves! It is way too hot to go outside away from the cool air conditioning. It even feels too hot to cook. Who wants to BBQ and stand by that grill? Not me!! Nor my husband!
Avoid suffering from summer heat an overexposure to the sun and hot weather conditions that can cause heatstroke. Symptoms may include high fever, profuse sweating, weakness, and thirst. This can be an emergency situation resulting in shortness of breath, coughing, wheezing, and even fainting.
Here are some ideas for easy to prepare cooling foods that will help keep you hydrated and refreshed.
Eat fresh foods like green lettuce salads, pasta salads, sprouts like mung bean, fruit, cucumber, and tofu. Naturally, we tend to have less of an appetite when we are hot. It is a good idea to eat less as a natural healthy practice.
- The best fruits are apples, watermelon, lemons, berries, papaya, cantaloupe, pineapple, and limes.
- Fresh vegetables that are best are zucchini, cucumber, summer squash.
- Spice up your foods with red peppers, green peppers, cayenne, fresh ginger, horseradish and black pepper. These spices will disperse the body heat and stimulate sweating, which naturally cools your body. However, be sure not to overdo it with too much hot spicy foods as too much can weaken the body.
- Drink teas made from mint, chrysanthemum and chamomile.
- Avoid eating heavy foods that can cause sluggishness like meats, eggs, excess nuts, seeds, and grains.
- Avoid bitter foods and herbs as they are too draining of body fluids.
- Avoid foods and drinks that are too cold or frozen such as ice cream because they interfere with digestion contracting the stomach. Contraction of the body withholds fluids and heat interfering with dispersion of heat and sweating.
- A remedy for heatstroke is watermelon juice, radish juice, and bitter melon soup.
- Cook with less salt, and more water.
- The best cooking methods are quick sauteing on high heat, steaming, and simmering foods.
I posted a delicious watermelon salad recipe on my health channel. You can check it out here!
Dr. Michele Arnold, Licensed acupuncturist.
I am so excited about the upcoming class on July 13th! It seems so far away. Due to my son’s high school graduation, 18th birthday, and the Fourth of July, the 13th of July seems like the best date.
What is Body-Mind Tuning? It was formerly known as the Chakra Series. It is a meditation using the qualities of an essential oil to balance the emotions and mood along with vibrational sound from a tuning fork. The root of all disharmonies begins from an emotional impact or thought. They become stuck in different areas of our bodies. This class will help you get to the root cause so the stuck energy can open up creating more Qi flow and blood circulation. It is a fun, relaxing way to start feeling rejuvenated, calm, and pain free!
- We will use the essential oil of peppermint. If you don’t have peppermint, use spearmint, marjoram, lavender, or use your favorite.
- If you don’t have any essential oils, you can use a carrier oil like coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, or grapeseed oil. You can even use crushed fresh peppermint leaves.
- We will use a weighted tuning fork of either Ohm 136.1 or Otto 128 Hz.
- If you don’t have a tuning fork yet, you can use your fingers or a retracted ball point pen.
- You can also use the sound of your voice and hum the sound, “Ohm”. It nicely vibrates your rib cage.
- You will also listen to the sound of Solfeggio tuning forks as I sound them for you as you create energetic connections for mind-body balancing.
Watch a sample of the Body-Mind Tuning Class here. Enjoy!
- Living Well Dr Michele Academy
Academy of Online Body-Mind Wellness Courses, Community, and Sound Healing.
Lifestyle and Body-Mind Wellness Starts Here
I am so happy to be able to reach more people and make a bigger difference by sharing what you can do for yourself in your own home. Even if you don’t see me in my local Poway acupuncture clinic I can still help.
I have a new lifestyle and body-mind wellness website. You will find the right on-demand courses, programs, Live-webinars, podcast, eBooks, and health channel community to meet your healthcare needs. You will discover natural methods for healing and staying healthy.
Finally, I found a hosting platform to keep everything all in one place. Here are a few examples of what you can find on the website:
The Ultimate Guide to Using Essential Oils
In this video tutorial, Dr. Michele discusses what are essential oils, how do they work, and the most common methods of using them. She covers some of the most commonly used essential oils, and the benefits of each. She shares her own insights, experience, and tips that makes this tutorial so unique.
Follow along with Dr. Michele in a meditation using an essential oil, and a tuning fork to bring awareness to thought patterns, emotions, and behaviors at the root cause of congestion in different areas of your body.
Rejuvenate the soul first; then rejuvenation of the heart, mind, and body will follow. -Dr. Zhi Gang Sha from Soul Power Series Tao I.
- Calm the feeling of overwhelm.
- Feel grounded and confident.
- Release pent of emotions
- Improve Qi-energy and blood circulation.
- Heal your spirit
A Subscription Health Channel
Your Place for Natural Healing!
Discover how to use food as medicine, eat healthier, how to use essential oils, and Body-mind tuning with sound vibration from tuning forks. These are natural ways to boost your body’s own innate healing abilities.
- Includes the Body-Mind Tuning live-streaming class
- This is a safe, secure forum
- FREE health tips,
- Exclusive online classes, live-streaming events, videos.
- Exclusive content.
- Exclusive video tutorials for muscles and joints.
It is a place where you can have direct support from holistic health experts, as well as community support.
Are you experiencing swelling or joint pain in your knuckles or fingers?
Whether your symptoms are from arthritis or from eating too much salt you can feel the benefits of using these points right away.
They can benefit finger, knuckle and hand swelling, joint pain, and saggy, wrinkled skin.
They are called Ba Xie or “Upper eight evils”. There are 4 points on each hand.
Watch the video below where Michele, Doctor of Acupuncture shows you how to use them.