Boosting immunity has become the buzzword of the last two years of the pandemic as everyone has examined ways to keep their immune systems strong to repel Covid-19. And most people understand that our immune systems are like the guards of the body’s cells, tissues, and organs. A strong immune system will repel the worst of bacterial invaders so infection can be avoided at all costs. continue reading
The gallbladder is the lymphatic channel responsible for digestion of fats. It is also responsible for carrying out plans and decisions.
Listen to this podcast to hear why it is important to stimulate your gallbladder channel.
The books I mention in this podcast can be found on lulu.com/shop or Amazon.
Join the live or recorded Chakra Series class to stimulate the gallbladder meridian with acupressure points and sound healing.
Forgiveness voice dialogues to release negative pent-up emotional energy into a new positive way of being. You have the power to use your own intention along with your voice to feel peace from forgiveness. Enjoy this podcast from Body Mind Spirit Mysteries on Dr. Michele’s holistic health channel, “Living Well with Dr. Michele”.
Join the movement on locals.com. You have the choice to access some free content or choose to receive exclusive content, and classes for one month or subscribe monthly.
The podcast is free.
Parsley is Nature’s Top Rated Leafy Green
This garden herb was thought to possess magical properties. During the middle ages its uses ranged from healing snake bite, banishing freckles, as an aphrodisiac, and as an antidote for epilepsy. It is believed to have originated in Southern Europe with popularity spreading across the Middle East. There are over 30 varieties. Today we know it as a great source of antioxidant power. Let’s take a look at some awesome medicinal uses of parsley.
- A tea for women. Due to it’s high content of folate it helps ensure a healthy pregnancy. High in vegetable calcium, and chlorophyll a daily cup of parsley can help slow the aging process. It also contains plenty of iron for iron deficiency anemia. It works as a diuretic, sooths PMS, and benefits the facial complexion because of the beta-carotene content.
- Immune, cardiovascular, and cancer prevention. Parsley is full of four major antioxidants such as coumarins, flavonoids, monoterpene, and polyacetylene, which appear to block the synthesis of cancer-promoting prostaglandins. Plus, 10, 000 IU per 1/2 Cup of beta-carotene, and daily vitamin C.
- Eases joint pain, rheumatism, fatigue, kidney and urinary tract infections (UTI). The mineral content of potassium, calcium, phosphorous, and iodine explains these benefits.
Chinese Herbal Medicinal Properties of Parsley
It is thought to be warming, spicy, bitter, and salty in flavor. Dietary benefits are as follows:
- Improves digestion
- Detoxifies meats and fish
- Hastens recovery of measles
- Promotes urination, and dries watery mucoid conditions such as, obesity, bladder mucus, swollen glands, breasts, and stones in bladder, kidney, or gall bladder.
- Strengthens the adrenal glands, optic nerves, and benefits the brain.
- Useful for ear infections, ear ache, and deafness.
- Freshens the breath for halitosis, strengthens the teeth.
- It makes a beautiful garnish on the plate.
Caution: It dries up milk production, thus it is not to be used for lactating mothers.
How to Use:
- Drink 2-3 cups daily of fresh or dried parsley tea. Take 10 sprigs, gently bruise, and steep 1-2 minutes in hot water, strain, and enjoy.
- Or eat 1-2 ounces of fresh or lightly cooked parsley daily.