All About Black Pepper Essential Oil
It is more than a flavoring used in cooking!
Use sparingly, and with care when applying topically or in a bath as it may cause skin irritation for those with sensitive skin.
Dilute 1:2 FCO.
The fragrance of black pepper is spicy, peppery, musky, green, and warm.
From the Piperaceae family, its botanical name is Piper nigrum.
Benefits for the Soul
Black Pepper is the lasso of truth and honesty. When you need to speak your mind, from your heart place a drop over your heart center. It is a perfect flavoring to add to enliven a dish, as a drop may help your guest give his honest opinion you were looking for! Its very warming nature make it perfect for soothing cold joints, and calming digestive issues. To drive away a tobacco addiction try a drop under the tongue or diffuse the aroma.
It Blends well with Juniper Berry, Cedarwood
9 Black Pepper Essential Oil Uses and Benefits from doTERRA’s Blog.
- One of Black Pepper essential oil’s unique qualities is its ability to provide warm sensations when applied topically. This factor makes it a perfect oil to use in a relaxing massage blend. Create your own warming and soothing massage blend by combining one to two drops of Black Pepper essential oil with a carrier oil. Using Black Pepper essential oil in a massage blend not only provides warm sensations during a massage, its aromatic components also help enhance your relaxing experience. I have found it to be wonderful when blended with clove, basil, thyme, and lavender, and grapeseed or sesame seed oil.
- Need a good way to calm unwanted nerves? Black Pepper essential oil is a great way to relieve anxious feelings. When used aromatically, Black Pepper essential oil can help soothe tightened emotions. To relieve yourself of anxious feelings, place a few drops of Black Pepper essential oil into a diffuser or inhale it directly to receive its aromatic benefits.
- Black Pepper is a powerful essential oil with amazing uses and benefits. With the right combination of essential oils, its effects can be amplified. When you combine Black Pepper essential oil with Juniper Berry oil and/or Cedarwood oil, it can help produce a calming and grounding effect on your senses and emotions, and can help you de-stress and relax.
- Preparing a delicious barbeque for your friends or family? Don’t forget to use Black Pepper essential oil. For an unforgettable steak, try adding a drop of Black Pepper essential to your steak marinade. This well-known spice can add a zing to your steak that will have the whole family wanting to know your marinade’s secret ingredient. After a peaceful afternoon nap, it’s not uncommon to wake up feeling groggy or maybe even more tired than you were before you dozed off. In instances like this, Black Pepper essential oil is a great oil to have. After an afternoon nap, apply a few drops of Black Pepper essential oil to the bottom of your feet for a stimulating wake up. The warming sensation of Black Pepper will provide you with the boost you need to transition from your sleepy state to a ready-to-go mentality.
- Black Pepper essential oil contains many natural chemicals that are important in supporting natural functions of the body. Some of these chemicals include monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, which are known for their antioxidant activity when ingested.* To provide your body with greater antioxidant support, put one or two drops of Black Pepper essential oil into a Veggie Capsule and take internally.
- Experiment in your kitchen by using Black Pepper essential oil in your next dish. Black Pepper essential oil is flavorful and can provide a burst of spice that will elevate a variety of different home cooked meals. Try adding Black Pepper essential oil to your meats, soups, or entrees to enhance food flavor and produce delicious results your taste buds will not easily forget. Or try combining Black Pepper with Clove oil and/or Cilantro oil to give your next meal a hint of spice.
- Sometimes a walk in the fresh, crisp air of winter is just what the soul needs. Make sure to prepare correctly for your chilly stroll by using Black Pepper essential oil. Apply one drop of Black Pepper essential oil to a carrier oil and apply to the bottom of your feet before you take your winter walk. Black Pepper’s chemical makeup allows for a warming sensation to overcome the area where it has been applied topically. Keep your feet warm by using Black Pepper essential oil on your feet. Taking a drop in water or a Veggie Capsule may also help support healthy circulation.* This essential oil is an ideal companion for a comfortable and refreshing seasonal walk.
- Enjoy your favorite seasons with good health by using Black Pepper essential oil. Because Black Pepper has certain natural chemicals such as monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, it can support the immune system when needed most.* To better protect your health, take one to two drops of Black Pepper essential oil in a Veggie Capsule when seasonal threats are high.*
- After a peaceful afternoon nap, it’s not uncommon to wake up feeling groggy or maybe even more tired than you were before you dozed off. In instances like this, Black Pepper essential oil is a great oil to have. After an afternoon nap, apply a few drops of Black Pepper essential oil to the bottom of your feet for a stimulating wake up. The warming sensation of Black Pepper will provide you with the boost you need to transition from your sleepy state to a ready-to-go mentality.
*Disclaimer: The advice shared in this site has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help.